With all the stress that we incur outside of the home, creating soothing tones inside can make any bedroom or bathroom a peaceful getaway. One way to quickly, affordably add dimension and freshness to a room is adding a bit of color. Check out these sample palettes from Houzz to create the perfect, calming home.
- This room showcases a light sea-foam green, a warm gray and an ethereal blue. Simply mix in one or more of these hues for a soft and calming feel. The darker hue can be used in accents with wall décor or pillows to add another level of depth.
Sample palette: Use White Clover, Turtle Dove and Tinsel, all from PPG Pittsburgh Paints.
- Bathrooms typically have only one small window or none at all, which can make an already small space feel even more confined. Select two or three shades of the green hues, making the room feel more open and bright.
Sample palette: Use Pearl Onion, Celery and Ryegrass, all from Sherwin-Williams.
- Soothing colors do not have to be light, pastel shades. You can choose a bolder color but stick to shades on the cooler side of the color wheel: greens, blues and purples. These cool hues, along with gray shades, have been shown to help lower blood pressure and are associated with rest and relaxation.
Sample palette: Use Bon Voyage, Rain Washed and Carolina Parakeet, all from Behr.
- Although it may not be the best choice for resale, this subtle combination of light gray and powder blue on cabinetry is deeply calming in any space.
Sample palette: Use Belle Grove Spruce, Tropical Bay and Brown Buzz, all from Valspar.
- A medium tan shade can be a great way to get a little more depth to your palette without straying too far from traditional beige. It will pair great with most other colors, and will still provide that warming, calming element you are trying to achieve.
Sample palette: Use Alabaster, Favorite Tan and Brazilnut wood stain, all from Sherwin-Williams.