Texas summers can be dangerous for Texans due to the intense heat. Texans must exercise caution during the summer months to stay safe in the heat.
- Drink plenty of cool water, even if you’re not thirsty.
- Wear light-weight, loose-fitting clothing, preferably made of cotton.
- Stay cool indoors or in an air-conditioned room.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully to be on the cooler time of the day, either in the early morning or on late afternoon.
- If possible, never exercise outdoor, if it cannot be avoided do it either in the morning or in the evening.
- Eat lightly, your regular meals should not be hot and spicy foods and avoid having a heavy meal.